March 27th, 2023
5 Benefits of Replacing Text with Visual Media
I have always been a visual type of person. When I was young, I would be more interested in books and magazines with lots of pictures in them--I find them more entertaining and understandable. I also learned that many prefer imagery to text because our brain is wired chiefly to transmit visual information more efficiently.
Over the years, my visual orientation helped me with my professional life. Many of my previous jobs leaned toward developing graphics, which is good because I enjoy making them too!
It’s no wonder that, with the continuing rise of technological advances, also comes a huge boom in visual media in all its forms. Come to think of it: YouTube has been around for almost two decades and is not showing any signs of a decline in viewership. Even the television and film industries are still going ever so strong, as they switch from analog to digital, making them more accessible than ever.
So what I’m saying is, people will always find a way to have access to visual media, and these are five reasons why:
1. Universal appeal: Visuals convey a language that can be understood by everyone, regardless of culture, age, and background. This means a picture can be a great tool to communicate with a diverse audience.
2. It sticks to memory more: Research shows that people remember visual information better than text, making it more likely that people will remember the information presented to them in visual form.
3. Better engagement: It’s much easier to capture people’s attention when shown visuals than blocks of text.
4. It comes in many forms: Visual media works great with, quite frankly, anything! You can use pictures or videos to explain a complex concept, share knowledge, or promote products and services. The possibilities are endless.
5. Better comprehension: Visuals can help explain ideas or pass information in a way that is easy to understand. Those with learning disabilities or those who don’t use English as their first language can greatly benefit from this.
Overall, replacing texts with visuals can make communicating more accessible, engaging, and memorable.
This is why I really appreciate VideoCom as an all-in-one tool for creating video-based materials. With many easy-to-use features and a user-friendly interface that tickles the right visual nerves in my brain, building effective videos for any content I need is quick and does not require expertise at all!
And hey, you can use VideoCom for free! So go ahead and see for yourself.